- New wholes are built from the parts.
- Look at the whole first. All parts are part of that whole anyway.
- Open up to the power of vulnerability.
- “Know thyself” – Scribes of Delphi (2500 B.C.)
- If you cannot see yourself for what you are, you cannot truly see anyone else.
- What you think you need is already there. You just need to learn to see it emerge.
- “In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.” – Sir Francis Bacon
- Tinkering is vastly underestimated.
- The journey is easier when you rely on something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.
- Shit happens.
If you are trying to create motion, principles apply. These are mine for when I help a team or an organisation do that. There are waypoints in a change journey. You chose to take the low or the high road. These statements act as design principles and pointers for myself to check which way we are heading. They may not mean much to you, but they anchor me.
What principles do you operate on?
Brought to you from my lab, pictured, which is fast becoming an organised extension of my brain again. I missed that.